〔诗翻译〕海狂热 Sea Fever

Sea Fever

海狂热

BY JOHN MASEFIELD

约翰·梅斯菲尔德 作    夜阑 译


All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

我必须要回到大海之上,到那孤独的天空和汪洋,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;

我只要求一艘桅杆高耸的舰船和一淼星辰来驾她起航,

And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,

舵轮打到尽头,风呼啸着让吹鼓的白帆颤抖

And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.

一团灰暗的迷雾笼罩海面,黎明的曙光把灰暗穿透。

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide

我必须要回到大海之上,因为奔腾潮汐的呼唤直至心房

Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;

野性汹涌,鲜明确凿得不容迷惘;

And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,

我只需要一个风啸云涌的日子让我遨游

And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

浪击船舷四散飞沫,海鸥一展歌喉。

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,

我必须要回到大海之上,回到那吉普赛人般的流浪,

To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;

回到风如尖刀的那海鸥之畔和鲸鱼身旁;

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

我只希望能与一位美妙传奇的知己相逢,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

以及漫长游历结束后的一顿安眠美梦。

你可能感兴趣的:(〔诗翻译〕海狂热 Sea Fever)